Deadly skull infection from cotton bud.



The British Medical Journal (BMJ) has reported a case of a 31-year-old male from the Midlands contracting a deadly skull infection after cleaning his ear with a cotton bud. The Coventry resident was rushed to hospital after suffering a server seizure where Doctors diagnosed the male with necrotising otitis externa a form of bacterial infection believed to have come from a piece of cotton that was found lodged within the ear canal. The cotton had traveled all the way to the skull sitting just before the lining of the brain causing the seizures. The man was treated by Dr Alexander Charlton, from University Hospital Coventry. Dr. Alexander said the fit was linked to the infection causing toxins or the pressure it put on his brain.


After being hospitalised and treated with antibiotics for 2 months we can report the man in question is now recovering well. The British Medical Journal stated: "At 10 weeks, the patient remained well, with no neurological deficit and no residual ear symptoms, and CT demonstrated complete resolution of the intracranial abscesses."



0 views

AFFECTED BY COVID19?

ITAE Productions Limited trading as the Murder Trial Live under licence from Inspire to Aspire Events Limited.

 

Registered address: ITAE Productions  Limited, Unit 6 Roman Park, Tame Valley Industrial Estate, Fazeley, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 5DQ. Registered company in England & Wales 12557621. Part of the Itae Group. Copyright 2020. All rights reserved.

Reduced rate tickets for